These are my thoughts, which I think something is wrong with the attitude of the people who call themselves as Software Engineers/Corporates. I am not a big guy or an idol to judge on a person, just sharing my thoughts which I come across Software Engineers in my life. Even few of my friends share the same with me. No offenses in this list, if something is related to you or hurts you. No names or nothing is mentioned.
The list starts here:
1. While going to office if a person wears the office tag from his room and wears it until he reaches room in the evening, then he is called as a Software Engineer.
I don’t know what’s wrong with people who wear their ICards from the bus stop. No idea why they wear it from their room, a status factor..?. It will be nice if they wear ICard when they are near to office gates and remove the card while leaving office. What say..?
2. If a person wears his company T Shirt during weekends, then he is called a Software Engineer.
Man, it is fine to wear the office T Shirt everywhere. But why cant you leave the stuff related to office on weekends and relax. Wear something nice, which makes you comfortable and fashionable, we know you are an Software Engineer. What say..??
3. If a person is wearing formals or a collar T Shirt and wears a branded sports shoes, branded watch and uses a office bag then he is a Software Engineer.
I am not saying you cant wear this, you can wear anything man. Just be comfortable on what you wear, don’t show off that you are a Software Engineer. The main point here is to wear which you feel comfortable, not to show others. What say..??
4. If a person uses his laptop to check mail during the weekends in a food court or in a mall, then defnitely he is an Software Engineer.
The other day, we saw a guy using his laptop in a crowded place and just moving folders from one side to others. Dam man, if you got really work why dont you go to office and wind it up..?? Why in a mall..?? What say..??
5. If a person goes to a good food chain or a mall, while paying the bill he removes his sodexo or travel or meal passes then definitely he is an Software Engineer. Rofl, I know its for tax saying but you got what I am saying what say..??
6. If a person goes to a mall, even though he knows local languages fluently but while talking to staff personals he speaks in English then he is a Software Engineer.
I am not saying you should not speak English or something, but dont show off you know English. Use it as a communication medium, suppose both the guys doesn’t know each others local languages that time use a common language, english or hindi.
The other day, me and ma friend were shopping some spectactles. There was a family, husband (full tummy n branded shoes), a over make up Aunty and two cute kids. One of the kid while playing trys go out of the shop, the Aunty scolds the elder kid to look the other kid in “ENGLISH”, later talks with husband in tamil and the shop guy in English. WTF, why english to small kids, tamil to husband n english to shop guy. Another status factor to say you know ENGLISH, or you an educated person. What say..??
Another day, while I was going to office in bus one lady missed her bus stop. She started to blast off lady conductor for not letting her know bout the stop in English. While the lady conductor is explaining her in kannada as she was busy with giving tickets and managing people. But this aunty still in English blasting of inEnglish. WTF, what say.??
7. If a guy uses a Blackberry or a Smartphone and starts speaking on the phone in bus in English then he is a Software Engineer.
Other day, ma friend was travelling in a crowded bus. A guy was on phone, ma friend asked him to move aside or move forward the guy on phone says, “Hey, I am on a conference call”. WTF, what does he wanna prove man..??
8. If a guy goes to a hotel, not a posh or star hotel. And in the end asks to swipe his card then he is a Software Engineer.
The other day, a guy made a bill of some 80 rs, walked up to counter and was asking the owner why he doen’t have a swipe machine. The owner easily replied, what’s the need of a swipe machine when the bill is around 80 rs.
9. If a fully not handicap guy sits on the “Only for handicap bench” during daytime then he is a Software Engineer. No need to explain on this, just check out in forum mall, level 2. There is a bench for handicap people near westside.
10. If a guy talks bout office/project in restroom, then definitely he is a Software Engineer. Other day, I and ma friend had gone for a movie and during the interval in the restroom a guy was talking something, I dint even gave a dam care for it. Later he said bout server and client communication and also file transfers. WTF dude..!!!
Okay, end of the list. The main theme of this post is, suppose you ask any one to give a description of a Software Engineer. Immediate his reaction will be like yuck, software people are this that, who are boosting themselves, they earn in terms of lakhs but thinks they have reached nirvana, but not morally correct. And still goes on.
I just wanna say guys, be yourself, be comfortable on what you do. Show some decent manners and attitude towards people as many will be watching you. If they like your deed/attitude many will definitely follow it. Remember, once or twice you also wanted to change the world. Dude, I just wanna say lets change the world by what we have learnt with our experiences and what we think which is right or wrong. What say..??
Other day I was shopping with my little sis. After paying the bills, I said thank you to the sales guy. Immediately sis asked why I said thanks to him. I said, being grateful to someone makes the person happy, end of it. Little sis started to thank people whenever she gets a chance. See dint I tell people will follow you when you do something good.
What do you say dude, what should be a role of an Engineer/an Corporate..?? Think.. think.. act.. we are professionals dude, we can make it..